Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ed of American Grille thinks a Boycott is good for Business. We'll See

First of all I'd like to thank all the media that showed up at CR Gibbs yesterday.
I felt a little bad for them, as they seemed sad we did not have more boots on
the ground. In a city with a few thousand folks sitting around with no jobs, no
shelter, no cell phones, no internet and no cars, it would not have been that
hard to bring some along. Maybe next time.

Like I told David Benda, "Dave, you and I know who butters your bread around
town."  Still the article he did for the Record Searchlight was even-handed I
felt he spent a lot of time on the issue.   I suggest that all media start spending
more time interviewing the homeless panhandlers, yes, in spite of what you
are being told, many of the panhandlers are also homeless.

As far as a low turnout. CR Gibbs was busier Monday, from the show of cars
than it was on Tuesday IMO.  Still Ed the owner, was able to parlay our visit
there into a last minute meeting of his own supporters, who like ours, were
not all able to attend.  Still only about 100 businesses represented out of what
5,000 local businesses, well that is hardly a mandate is it?

Between you and I, our plans were to move on to the few other Redding businesses
also displaying the I'm addicted to something posters..."So Don't Feed My Habits"
But business was so good for ED, I feel we owe it to him to continue focusing on
his business.  We apologize in advance for any business  Best Western Hotels
National Chain may loose in this negative association.  But like me sometimes,
Ed's mouth is his biggest enemy._citizenactivist

Note to Ed: In the beginning they all think a informational picket like this is
fun and exciting and might work in their favor...generally it never well, as a
promoted Boycott of any business is the gift that keeps on giving.  While I
admit it will be hard for you at first to gauge your loses, as time goes on
you'll see that folks, especially at lunch time, are not looking for too much
excitement.  My advice, as someone who has also owned a restaurant or two,
one on Hilltop Dr. and been corporate trained to run some ten or more,
concentrate on your service and food as best you can during these days ahead,
because your politics are about to start costing you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment