Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Redding Homeless Campaign to Stop Giving Handouts Lacks Business Support

After over 1 hour of traveling around the Redding area looking for the "Handouts
Don't Help" posters on any business, I finally found one on the door of a Churn
Creek business. However, after shooting some pictures and video and letting the
manager of the business know that I would soon be sharing his business and his
position with the citizens of Redding and about 5,000 of my personal friends,
followers, local relatives and others....he admitted the Handouts group just came
through the center handing out the posters to businesses and one of his girls put
it up on the door without clearing it with him.  Seems, while some local businesses
are going along with the organizations position on homeless giving....they are
pretty quick to jump ship, as this smart manager did when he gladly turned over
the poster to me. 

My advice, if you do not agree with this heavy-handed approach to helping the
homeless or you feel like I do, someone that has given for years to the local mission
and food banks, who no matter how much they get, can't seem to ever get the job
done.  Take a camera out with you when you shop.  Take a photo of every business
proudly displaying one of these signs and let them know we will help them promote
their position internet wide._citizenactivist

3 comments:

  1. Looked a Shopco/Raley's on Lake Blvd,
    no posters. Up and down Hilltop Dr. in
    and out of 4 or 5 other Churn Creek
    and Hilltop Dr. Shopping centers. They
    maybe supportingthis effort and they
    may not be. But they are not proud
    enough of it to brag about it to you
    Redding citizens.

    Remember, Homeless are Citizens Too.

    ReplyDelete

  2. 4:44 a.m.

    citizenactivist writes:


    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...

    Please join us in Boycotting the following
    homeless hating businesses Shasta dot com,
    California Haircuts, State Farm, Marlene
    Gerboth, Carmonas Appliance, As Seen On TV,
    Collectors Choice Thank You Homeless are
    Citizens too.

    Thank you Khal_Nekro I can tell you've been
    there. 8 years after the VA admitted the
    relationship between Agent Orange and the
    4 life-threating surgeries I've had over
    the past 10 years. They finally settled my
    case awarding me a 30% disability. It actually
    took almost an act of congress. Actually
    I formed an Obama group first time he ran and
    together the members of that group and I raised
    $50,000 dollars. After he was elected I sent
    some collections, and several other bills
    along to his offices and asked him to take
    care of them, I was tired of making excuses.
    That settlement came shortly aferwords. It
    allowed me to pay back all my relatives and
    pay off my debts and purchase my wife a used
    Toyota. I am greatful belive me and today I
    am going to the VA to get a "FREE" blood test,
    that's if you don't count the 50 or so times
    the VC tried to kill me in a 5 month period.

    Now, regarding all that other Veteran help,
    it's estimated that a full 1/3rd of all
    homeless across the country are Vets. Last
    I heard about 30,000 a month are returning
    to this mess here back home. Prospects are
    not good for them.

    About 1.5 yrs ago, my wife and I gave up our
    rental home, yes we rented, as the nearly 1
    million in real estate I had amassed was lost
    due to the months after the last surgery a
    triple bi-pass. So that made three times I
    have dug out of the dumps with no money or
    credit. Anyway, we gave up our home to move
    in with mom as she could not care for herself
    and not one of the last 3 relatives my family
    put into rest homes lived over about 2 weeks.

    Mom is great now, thank you, and we'd like
    to move out again and back to our own place.
    We have since both retired on Social Security
    and with the small VA we can make the monthly
    payment and other expenses. But, we could use
    some one-time help with deposits, first and last.
    Now, we both went to the local Vet Homeless
    event and met with the two agencies
    and turned in applications for assistance.
    One seemed amazed I actually had an honorable
    discharge and no felonies. Both promised to
    get back to us, one within 24 hours. Neither
    have. Do you get my drift? That's why I fight.
    No, we did not ask to be paid for helping our own mom, some do..that has been a labor of love.

    ReplyDelete